- Jamaica was the first commercial producer of bananas in the Western Hemisphere.
- The Blue Mountains in Jamaica are named for the mists that often cover them, which look blue from a distance.
- Jamaica is the first Caribbean Country to gain Independence.
- Ian Fleming designed and built his home, "Goldeneye", in Jamaica and wrote ten of his James Bond novels there.
- National Flag consists of three colors: black, gold and green. The color black represents hardships overcome and yet to come; the color gold represents the natural wealth and the bountiful sunshine; the color green symbolizes hope and represents Jamaica’s abundant natural resources.